Sunday, September 25, 2011

Saturday and Sunday

Yesterday I put together a painting of a Longhorn. The photo for this painting was taken a couple of years ago at a PAA workshop on a private ranch. This steer was pretty curious about what these weird people were doing with their easels and brushes.
"Longhorn Fielder"  6" x 6" Oil on board. Up for auction at www.dailypaintworks.com

This morning I took the DPW weekly challenge and painted the fall colors using a photo from last year since fall is still far from arriving in Central Texas. I loved the brilliant colors of this leaf collection on the rock. Believe it or not, I did not arrange these leaves, they are exactly as they fell (or at least my rendition of how they fell). It did make me start feeling like fall even with the temperatures still in the high 90s to low 100s.
"Fall Banquet"  6" x 6" Oil on board $35.00

No comments:

Post a Comment