Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Retirement Painting Opportunity


Now that I have finally retired from my day job, I am finding a lot more time to paint. I have been so busy painting and traveling that I haven't posted recently so this post is to allow me to catch up. I have attended as many PAA paint outs as possible and also painted with my friend Susan Anderson who I met through Laurel Daniel's Plein Air Class at Laguna Gloria. Here are a selection of paintings done in the past couple of months. I also just returned from Colorado where I managed to paint four more 8x10 plein air studies. In addition to all this I also knocked out a new pastel studio painting of my cat CK which I titled "Who Me?" because he always has that innocent of anything look on his face. Let me know what you think of this selection of recent work.


This is the series from Colorado. The first three from camping at
Chapman Lake Dam and the last one from my mother-in-law's deck.
These two from separate visits to New Sweden Church out East of Austin near Manor.


Cypress Creek in Wimberley, a view at Green Gate Farm, and the view from the gardens at the French Legation.

Elisabet Ney Museum, and two from separate visits to Boggy Creek Farm


a view of the barn at Commons Ford Ranch and my cat CK in pastel.

I have also done quite a bit of watercolor sketching and created dozens of abstract artist trading cards. I attended the first of hopefully many artist trading card swaps at Jerry's Artarama last month and was able to trade many cards and add to my collection. I'm really enjoying creating and collecting these wonderful miniature original works of art. If you're not familiar with them check them out. They can be made in any medium. The only rule is that they must be on heavy paper or card stock and must be 2.5" by 3.5" (like a baseball card). There are online groups that trade them and both Jerry's and Asel's offer bulletin board space in their stores for you to trade them. You simply bring one in and pick a new one you would like to have in return.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're a busy girl for a retired girl!
    Keep up the great work!!
    Plein air.... hmmm could I do that?

    ReplyDelete