Thursday, August 25, 2011

More Challenges

I was noodling around on the Daily Paintworks website and found that they have weekly challenge paintings. I can use all the challenges I can get when it comes to painting so I checked out this week's topic. It was superstition. Lots of folks had painted their black cats in various situations, but I decided to try to get my cat to pose with a broken fortune cookie. Mission accomplished. After several minutes of having her ignore it completely, she finally started playing with it and licking it. I took a few photos and then painted this very quick oil sketch on clayboard. I was pretty pleased with the outcome although my husband immediately pointed out that the cat was fatter than that, but when I showed him the photo he had to admit that from that angle I nailed her. I call this one "That's How the Cookie Crumbles".  6"x6" oil on clayboard panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment