Friday, January 2, 2015

Days One and Two of the 30 in 30 Challenge

Day 1 - "Gift Fruit" 6x6 oil on linen panel
Day 2 - "Lily Pond" 6x6 oil on linen panel
So far, so good. I am still a day or two ahead on paintings. I've painted 4 but today's only day 2 so I'm in great shape. I have already uploaded the  two shown above and managed to get them on the right page with the right information and link. I'm feeling pretty good about the whole process. I went through a lot of my photos yesterday and have already picked and cropped the next few to paint. In addition, I also managed a different kind of painting, by painting part of my bedroom. Of course, that's just the tip of the iceberg. The whole house desperately needs painting and this year I've vowed to rid myself of the awful "popcorn" ceilings. So I've got lots of work in store.

I got a very interesting call yesterday. A gentleman from Connecticut called me. He had bought two of my small paintings in 2014 and he wanted to let me know why, something I very rarely find out from buyers on Daily Paintworks. He collects specifically paintings of women walking. He said that it was a popular painting theme in the 1920s to 1940s. He has started a foundation the Amity Art Foundation to promote and support art and artists (note website is not currently up to date). It started with print making and has obviously expanded into other forms of original art. He is working on curating a "Walking Women Exhibit" in both Connecticut and Vermont. My paintings will be included. I am very flattered and very pleased to understand why he chose the two particular paintings he bought. I've always wondered why people pick the paintings they do, only a very few ever tell me.

"Santa Fe Stroll Buddies" 5x5 private collection 
"Shopping Trip" 6x6 private collection

No comments:

Post a Comment