Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A NEW YEAR - A NEW START!

"Only Sky" 6x6 oil on panel - sold


Here we go again. The best intentions and all that...I feel like I'm in the confessional. Forgive me, for I have sinned; my last blog post was in May. I really don't know how I managed to neglect my blog for that long, but no excuses. I'm starting anew!

Since I've always pledged to and always failed, I think I'll put it this way. This year I may not post daily, but I will post whenever I have a new painting to show.

I'm pulling in everything I can think of to motivate me to paint more and to improve. I've signed up to participate in Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Painting Challenge beginning January 1st which should get me off to a good start in 2015. I am also signed up for Qiang Huang's workshop in January and for Nancy Tankersley's workshop in March (both in Austin). I've been reading Carol Marine's wonderful new book on daily painting, brilliantly named "Daily Painting".

Yesterday, I made myself a bunch of beautiful new panels this time using oil primed linen which I got from a dear friend made me a deal I couldn't refuse on a roll she didn't need any more. I've always heard it was the best painting surface and I am eager to test it out.

If all that doesn't motivate me to paint (and blog about it) I don't know what will.

HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment