Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day 1 of Qiang Huang Workshop & Day 6 of 30 in 30 Challenge

What a fun day! I attended the first day of the Qiang Huang workshop in Austin. Enjoyed watching Qiang paint a beautiful still life this morning (using one of my favorite vases). I got to paint my own still life this afternoon with another of my favorite vases, and I felt like the painting really worked. I was so pleased. Forgive the poor photo, I didn't bring the painting home from the workshop yet. I shot a really quick snapshot of it without really lining things up properly, even so, I'm pretty pleased with the way it looks.

This is Day 6 of Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 Challenge. I am proud to say that I'm right on schedule (actually a couple of paintings ahead as I've already painted numbers 7 & 8. If I use the workshop paintings then I'm already 3 paintings ahead. Here are the paintings that I posted for Days 3 thru 6. Day 4 and 6 already have bids on them in their DPW auctions.

 Day 3 - "Sharps Before Breakfast" 6x6 oil on panel

 Day 4 - "Mountain Grasses" 6x6 oil on panel


Day 5 - "Me and My Shadow" 6x6 oil on panel

Day 6 - "Strolling in the Rain" 6x6 oil on panel

No comments:

Post a Comment