Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Latest Work

As usual I have a ton of work to post in order to catch up, even though I have missed several days in the past month, so I can no longer brag that I have painted every day this year - it just isn't so any more. I can however say I have painted most days and that's no mean feat.

"Main Street, Bastrop" 6x6 oil on board
In addition to painting, I have participated in the Bastrop Art Walk. I was hosted by a lovely decor and gift shop named Liberty Glenn on Main Street in Bastrop. I got to display my art for sale in the area right inside the front doors of the store, so no one could miss me. The event was the first Friday in May and they invited me back on Saturday as well. I was fortunate to sell 6 small paintings during the event and on Saturday I stood outside the store and painted a street scene as well.

I am putting together my work to participate in the West Austin Studio Tour. My friend, Nancy Germond (an amazing potter), has her home and studio on West 39th Street and she is stop #102 on the tour. She invited me to show my work at her home during the tour. I will set up my tent in her driveway on Sunday May 20 from 11-6.

Other paintings I have done since I last posted all my daily paintings include:



"Bull Creek Rocks" 8x10 oil on canvas on board

"Hillside Color" 6x6 oil on board SOLD

"Harbinger of Spring" 6x6 oil on board

"Spot of Color" 6x6 oil on board

"Bull Creek Pool" 8x10 oil on canvas on board

"CK Close Up" 6x6 oil on board

"Playing Hooky" 6x6 oil on board

"B & B Crop Challenge" 6x6 oil on board

"Starring Lemon Yellow" 6x6 oil on board

"Lago Vista" 8x10 oil on canvas on board

"Dappled Aspens" 6x6 oil on board

"Gray Day" 6x6 oil on board

1 comment:

  1. Very nice work, Jane. I especially like the Bastrop scene. : )

    ReplyDelete