Sunday, April 3, 2016

"Shell Collector" Chosen for Daily Paintwork's Facebook Pick of the Day

My painting "Shell Collector" which I posted on Daily Paintworks last night was chosen by DPW to be featured on their Facebook page as one of their picks of the day. I'm honored!

As I mentioned in the write up about this painting on DPW... Those who have taken a workshop with Nancy Tankersley may recognize the photo this was taken from. I painted it in Nancy's workshop and she gave me permission to use her photo and to sell the painting if I chose. I really liked the way this one turned out. The photo I used was simply black and white. I had to make up the colors. I made it a beach rather than grass. It could have been either from the photo. The woman's bending over posture created an appealing shape.

I really feel like I learned a lot in Nancy's workshop. If you get the opportunity to attend one of her workshops, I can definitely recommend them.
Thank you for viewing my art. If you would like to see more of my paintings please visit www.jfrederickart.com


No comments:

Post a Comment