Monday, January 14, 2013

10 Down, 20 To Go...

I sure know how to create a challenge for myself. When I jumped in both feet, to this 30 painting in 30 days challenge, I didn't realize how much the rest of my life might impact my ability to succeed. I'm now two paintings behind but still hoping to catch up. I should have known that trying this on a month when I was already starting to teach The Dragon's Way ® classes and in charge of the Austin Pastel Society website during the deadline for the annual juried member exhibition (all entries online, of course) would have made it difficult. I never imagined I would also be dealing with  my mother's death and everything that goes along with the loss of a parent. I must say I am exhausted. Most of my daily paintings are in oil. Pastels take me far longer to complete. I did do "Best Buds" with an eye to entering it in the APS show, but decided not to - it simply is too small to compete with all the large beautiful paintings in the show. Check out this year's entries here.
Thursday was a beautiful day here after several days of rain (which we desperately needed here in Central Texas).  It was a delight to join my painting buddies from Plein Air Austin for a paint out at the beautiful Laguna Gloria Art Museum grounds.

"The Villa" 6x8 oil on board click to see auction
"Something Totally Different" 7x5 ink and watercolor on Scratchbord click to see auction

"Best Buds" 5x7 pastel on Pastelbord click to see auction

No comments:

Post a Comment