Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tangerine Tango is the "Hot" color for 2012

"Tangerine Tango Poppy" 6x6 oil on masonite 

"Poppy 2" 6x6 oil on masonite














No one is trying to call it the new black, but according to the fashionistas "Tangerine Tango" a brilliant red/orange is the "in" color this year. Last week's DPW challenge, challenged us to paint a painting around that color. I did two paintings of poppies using my closest approximation of that color (after all who's seen a tube of "tangerine tango"). This was fun to play with and a lovely color.

"Grand Canyon" 5x7 pastel on Ampersand board
I also painted a small pastel view of the Grand Canyon - kinda ironic, a tiny painting of the Grand Canyon, isn't it? That I used for my challenge painting at the Central Texas Pastel Society meeting. This month's challenge was to paint one of the National Parks hence the Grand Canyon.





While working on my dog series, I decided to try to paint a dog that belonged to one of my clients. I'm afraid I didn't do a great job of him. I don't think the owners would recognize him, but he does look like a cute dog, so I kept him and didn't wipe him out and start over. I named him "Buzzy" but that's not really who it is.

"Buzzy" 6x6 oil on masonite
"Austin Skyline" 6x6 oil on masonite
An old photo I had taken of the Austin skyline years ago, attracted me. So I did a quick oil sketch of it. Anyone familiar with the skyline will notice several of the newer buildings missing, but it was such a lovely shot I couldn't help painting it.

As usual most paintings are available through www.DailyPaintworks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment