Saturday, August 22, 2015

Back in the Groove

It's not that I haven't been painting, it's just that I haven't been painting as much for the past few weeks. I actually worked full time for a friend for a week and a half. I was not used to working like that and it really took it out of me. Before that we were traveling. I did get some paintings done on the trip but not as many as I'd hoped. Life just kept getting in the way.

During the time since I last posted, I completed what I consider my best still life to date "White Roses"


I also painted what I consider my best ever version of Mount Sopris. This one will be in the Plein Air Austin Annual show at the Corridor of Art Downtown in September and October.


Among the other paintings I've done in the past month or so, is one for the Central Texas Pastel Society Annual show at the Cultural Activity Center in Temple September and October. That one was a peg legged grackle stealing food from plates left on the table at Julios. 

It's been a busy month or so even if I haven't been painting every day. I'll try to post more soon.
Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment