Monday, February 16, 2015

Going to the Birds.

I've really been enjoying birds lately. I painted a photo of a bird I'd taken at my in-laws home in Evergreen, a chickadee, I believe. Then I used my brand new camera (birthday gift from my hubby) to take a great photo of a blue jay enjoying our bird bath. Really had fun painting that one so then I went out with my camera looking for more birds to take photos of. Today it was a grackle. I think this all started with the peacock whose picture I took at Mayfield Park last year. I painted it in pastel and it won an honorable mention at the Central Texas Pastel Society Show last August.
"Blue Jay Bath" 6x6 oil on panel

"Grackle" 6x6 oil on panel

"My Little Chickadee" 6x6 oil on panel

"Show Off" 8x10 pastel on paper

No comments:

Post a Comment