Friday, March 15, 2013

Putting Together A Show

I was fortunate enough to be invited to put together a small show at a local Starbucks. Yes, not a huge venue, but still a good opportunity for me to reach a new audience with my paintings. The show will go up on Friday, March 29th, as soon as Sally Fraser's art comes down and will hang for the month of April until S'zanne Reynolds hangs her work. I've met both artists, Sally through life drawing sessions and S'zanne through The Austin Pastel Society. I feel honored to hang in the same venue.
Since most of my paintings are so small, I was afraid they would get lost on the wall, so I decided to paint some larger ones and try to go with a unifying theme of "TexasScapes". I have several small ones I plan to frame and hang and then also some larger ones which I'm still working on which will be painted around the edge of the canvas and not won't need a conventional frame.

Here are the ones I have ready so far. They are for sale but will not be available for delivery until the show comes down at the end of April. Now I am working up some more large (for me) paintings to complete the collection for a good showing.

"Dreamscape 6" 6x6 oil on board $35 available after May 1st.

"Dreamscape 5" 6x6 oil on board $35 available after May 1st.

"Dreamscape 7" 6x6 oil on board $35 available after May 1st.

"Dusty Road" 16x20 oil on canvas $100 available after May 1st.  Edges painted so it does not need to be framed.

"Trees on the Hill" 12x12 oil on canvas $75 available after May 1st. Edges painted so it does not need to be framed.

No comments:

Post a Comment